UX Writer and Content Strategist
Hi! I’m Larry Swanson, a UX content strategist in Seattle.
I’m currently looking for a role as:
- the UX writer/content strategist on a product team
- the content designer for a digital product
- the lead content strategist for a startup or SMB
- a collaborator on a user-centered content team
I’m a T-shaped UX professional, with broad experience across the field and deep skills in UX writing, content design, and content strategy.
Content Strategy Insights
I host the Content Strategy Insights podcast. Since November 2017, I’ve interviewed more than 60 industry experts.
My guests come from a variety of content-strategy backgrounds: UX, product, technical communication, marketing, SEO, publishing, journalism, and more. I’ve also talked with strategy gurus, startup founders, and experts on emerging trends like AR/VR/MR, AI/machine learning, and conversational design.
Among the UX experts I’ve talked with:
- Jared Spool – Maker of Awesomeness™ (yes, I encouraged his behavior)
- Sarah Richards – pioneer of the discipline of content design
- Jonathon Colman – champion of product content
- Sara Wachter-Boettcher – expert on structuring content and fighting bias
- Gerry McGovern – creator of the “top tasks” customer-research methodology
- Kylie Hansen – content-design team builder
- David Dylan Thomas – expert on cognitive biases
- Tamara Adlin – co-author of the first book on UX persona development
- Melanie Seibert – mobile-app content strategy expert
- Andy Welfle and Michael Metts – authors of “Writing Is Designing”
- Torrey Podmajersky – author of “Strategic Writing for UX”
- Mike Atherton – co-author of “Designing Connected Content”
- Phillip Hunter – pioneering voice and conversation designer (Alexa, etc.)
- Morten Rand-Hendriksen – design and ethics expert
- Susan Walker – content usability-testing innovator
- Joe Welinske – accessibility and user-assistance expert and program manager for the ConveyUX conference
- Yuval Keshtcher – UX writing community builder
I am forever grateful for the generosity and thoughtfulness of my guests.
Recent podcast episodes
Content Strategy meetup
I’m part of a volunteer team that organizes the Content Strategy Seattle meetup group. We convene speakers, panelists, and guests once a month in Seattle.
We are a supportive and friendly group, and new members are always welcome. Hope to see you at an event soon.