In 2018, I set out to solidify my content-strategy knowledge and skills, so I:
- interviewed 34 content-strategy experts
- read every content-strategy book, article, and blog post I could find
- took several online content-strategy courses
- attended Confab and other content-strategy events
- joined my local content-strategy meetup organizing team
- applied my learning to my own content, and
- otherwise dove deeply into the world of the content-strategy profession
I discovered that there is no shortage of information out there. Most of it is made for professional content-strategy practitioners and those who aspire to be. If you have some experience in the digital world and want to get up to speed on the professional practice of content strategy, you can easily do so in six to nine months of diligent study.
But what if you need a content strategy (and we all do now) but don’t have the time to master the profession or the resources to hire an expert?
That’s where a DIY approach comes in. I’m just getting rolling with this project. If you’d like to learn when I create new content and products, sign up for the newsletter on the DIY Content Strategy website.