PO Box 20704
Seattle, WA 98102
- Content Strategy
- Editorial Management
- Research & Interviewing
- Writing & Editing
- Public Speaking
- Marketing Management
- Content Marketing
- Event Organizing
- WordPress & other CMS’s
- Database & CMS Migration
Elless Media, Principal
Operate content strategy, web publishing, and digital marketing consultancy.
Well9to5, Founder & Publisher
August 2015-January 2017
Conceived, raised funding for, designed, and operated digital “active office” publication.
WorkWhileWalking, Editor-in-Chief (interim)
Interim editorial lead for office-fitness furniture company publication.
BodyworkU, Founder & Publisher
June 2006-October 2012
Founded, built, and operated continuing education class promotion website.
DigitalCandle, Director of Marketing
June 2001-January 2002
Managed marketing program for marketing-services startup serving shareware developers.
workz.com, Executive Producer
April 1998-December 2000
Jack-of-all-trades senior manager for dot-com startup. Roles included web design, software and editorial project management, banner-ad agency management, and special projects.
Big Tent Media Labs, Senior Producer
August 1996-August 1997
New-media producer for early dot-com publishing start-up.
Community Event Organizer, Volunteer, and Promoter
Plan, produce, manage, and promote arts, educational, and charity events, from 10 to 10,000+ attendees.
- WordPress, Community Deputy for events related to the WordPress open-source software project; vet and train event organizers, contribute to global community programs, and support event organizers in online forums, 2017-present
- Larry’s Events, publish weekly Seattle community events announcement list, 2017-present
- Ignite Seattle, Organizer & Slide Wrangler for community quick-talk event, 2015-18
- Dent Conference, statement of values steering committee, 2017
- WordCamp Seattle 2017, Co-Lead Organizer for annual gathering of WordPress enthusiasts; led large group of volunteer organizers producing two-day, four-track, 500-attendee conference
- WordCamp Seattle 2016, Sponsor Wrangler
- WordCamp Seattle 2011-15, Volunteer
- Fremont Noodle House Group, Founder, business networking lunch, 1998-2013
- TEDxRainier (now TEDxSeattle), Stage Manager, 2012
- TEDxRainier (now TEDxSeattle), Production Manager, 2011
- Seattle Empty Bowls, website hosting and on-site volunteer for annual fundraising event, 2009-present
- Moisture Festival, Lighting, Stage Management, and Security Volunteer for world’s largest comedy/variety/vaudeville festival, 2008-present
- Seeds of Compassion, “Compassion Ambassador” Concierge, customer support for high-level (>$10K) event sponsors, 2008
- Executives on Auction,Seattle Liaison for innovative Canadian charity, 2003
- World Rhythm Festival (Seattle World Percussion Society), Board Member and Organizer for annual music, dance, and culture event that drew as many as 10,000 attendees, 2001-03
Massage Therapist and Educator
Professional, independent massage practice focusing on injury treatment and wellness (part-time to full-time, depending on level of publishing and consulting activity).